Monday, May 23, 2011

So this is what I get up to when I should be working ...

Right now, I should be working, getting ready for the next week's work, in fact.  But instead, inspired by my lovely daughter Emma, I am creating a blog, to capture the mid life musings of a manic Mum and Grandma.

A little background - mum to 3, step mum to 1 and now proud grandma to 4, and 2 step grands ... confusing? Not at all, the 'family of the future' today, we're all used to mix and match, and know that it is nurture, not nature, that makes our families a success.

So why a blog? And why now? Well my fabulously talented husband has just been published on the web - short story 'The day before Easter' (crumpetsandtea.me) and frankly I am jealous LOL

I do have articles published, but they are work related and less than entertaining (if you are interested in my work life, my url is on my profile page), and as my daughter has started her own blog (Quilt-O-Matic) I thought I'd join in!

So why now?  To be honest, I'm feeling a little reflective - don't worry, this won't be an angst ridden outpouring, just the odd musing on life, how it takes you by surprise, and hopefully some fun :)

Grand Canyon & Colorado River
And I want to boast - I've just been to the Grand Canyon (sadly on my own as I'm in Arizona on business) and wanted to post this picture somewhere other than FB :)

Isn't that something?  Took my breath away :)

Well that's enough for today - back to work, I suppose.


Oh - last thing - the picture at the top is my fat blue point Siamese, Fitz (Admiral Fitzwallace to give him his full title) - yes I really am a mad cat lady in training!


Here's to happy blogging :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be delighted to receive your feedback and comments